We have a genuine concern for your overall health and well-being. We perform an oral cancer screening with every exam.
In the United States, one person dies every hour from oral cancer. Oral cancer has a cure rate of more than 80 percent—if it is detected and treated early. That is why we feel it is important to perform an oral cancer screening with every exam.
• Unexplained bleeding
• Numbness, loss of feeling, or pain in sections of the mouth
• Difficulty chewing or swallowing
• Ear pain
• Persistent sore throat
• Development of white, red or speckled patches in the mouth
• Swelling, thickening, lumps, bumps, rough patches and growths
Oral cancer typically affects:
• Front 2/3 of the tongue
• Lining of the cheeks and lips
• Floor of mouth under the tongue
• Roof of the mouth
• Small area behind the wisdom teeth
• Minor salivary glands
We hope to catch things before they become a real problem, and we need your help! Every 6-month checkup for preventive care counts! Especially in the case of oral cancer, prevention is your best option.
© Suwanee Family Dentistry All Rights Reserved. | Design: Dental Branding